April 11, 2022 - Comal ISD will open its Kindergarten Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year on Monday, April 18.
Children who are 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2022, may enroll in kindergarten at a Comal ISD school through the district’s Skyward Parent Portal.
Those who have children currently enrolled in Comal ISD will choose “New Student Enrollment” on the Home tab in their Skyward accounts and enroll their new kindergarten student.
Anyone who is new to the district and have no students currently in a Comal ISD school, will request a Skyward account. After submitting this information, they will receive an email from COMAL ISD with a username and a link to reset the password for their account.
Documentation Needed for Enrollment
Be sure to gather the following documents before beginning the enrollment process.
- Proof of Residency: Mortgage, lease, or bills (cable, home phone, electrical, gas, or water) associated with your residence. The Proof of residency document must be dated within 30 days of registration.
- Proof of student's age/identity: Certified birth certificate
- Proof of parent/guardian identity: Driver’s license, passport, or military ID
- Immunization Records (required)
- Social Security Card (optional)
Two-Step Student Enrollment Process
- First step – starts now - follow the instructions in Skyward
- Second step - occurs in August when parent or guardian will verify their students' information and submit an updated proof of residency. A reminder message with more details will be sent closer to this date.
If further assistance or more information is needed with regards to Kindergarten Enrollment, go to the Kindergarten Enrollment page on the district’s website or call 830-221-2694 between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday-Friday. On this page, more information will include the following:
- Dates and times for on-campus enrollment assistance; and
- Dates and times for Kinder Roundup Events, which provide a great opportunity to see the campus and meet the campus principal.
Additional 2022-23 Student Enrollment dates for new and returning students
- Pre-K State-Mandated Program – May 2-6
- Returning Elementary Students – Aug. 2-4
- New Students – Aug. 2-4
- Returning Secondary Students – Aug. 8-12